Wednesday, June 3, 2009

After Trip Thoughts

Well, I do not have much after-trip thoughts.
May be that is the nature of the business trip.
I did not have the opportunity to interact with normal Timorese working on the street,
hence, I could "feel" as much as I wanted.
.
.
.
I remember a conversation with a govt official.
He mentioned that when he felt very stressed, he would go to the rural once awhile to get away from Dili, and after that, he would be really happy and remember why did he chose to come back to East Timor in the first place.
I guess he found meaning in improving the lives of people in the rural area and found beauty in the people.
.
Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to visit the rural area.
I felt that the real beauty of the country is actually the folks living in the rural area.
.
++++++
.
.
.
I am thankful to my boss for this trip.
It exposed me to things that I have never experienced before.
Timor-Leste is a country that is an unique country at an interesting development phase.
.
.
May be I'd be back.
May be I won't.
But I would definitely be interested in its development.

No comments:

Post a Comment